As we continue to look for opportunities to celebrate the success of our students and also provide activities that they may have not experienced in the past couple of years, it is exciting to see their joy and pride in representing the College. I was fortunate enough to visit our representative Tennis players, just in time to watch the singles and doubles finals for two age groups (which they won convincingly). As we continue throughout the term, more events will be published and I encourage all students to be involved and participate in something on offer.
- Students without an opal card, MUST provide confirmation of order upon request of the driver.
- Masks MUST be worn properly on public transport, the bus driver should not have to ask you to put it on.
- Hopefully, the reports are correct, that the train timetables WILL return to normal on the 28 February?
- General rules when travelling on public transport apply, these are clearly stated in the Code of Conduct on Buses and Trains (refer to Page 31 of the Student Diary).
Student Drop Off / Pick Up – REMINDERS
- Parents should not be driving down the College driveway at the commencement or conclusion of the school day.
- Parents, please adhere to the local road rules when dropping off or picking up in the surrounding streets. If you are picking your son up and are stopping, waiting in marked ‘No Stopping or No Parking Areas’ or across personal driveways the council parking rangers have indicated that they will be fining offenders.
- Year 12 students who have permission to drive are also reminded of our local arrangement with the residents about where they can park, being courteous and following safe driving practises – especially with regard to their speed around the surrounding streets. Students are to ensure they too, must park correctly and allow suitable travel time so they are not late, lending them to make poor parking decisions which evidently can be a financial burden.
Collecting Students Early for an Appointment
- We ask that your son be given a note explaining why he is needing to leave early and have it signed in the morning by his Pastoral Care Coordinator.
- He will be required to keep the signed note until the required time to leave class and present it to the office to be collected.
- During COVID-19, we have limited the number of visitors onsite: *Please call the office on 4228 4344 when you arrive, and your son will be sent out to you.
- This process helps us help you, ensuring you arrive at your appointment on time. If an unplanned situation arises, please contact the College as soon as possible and we will locate your son. Please understand that this will take several minutes for your son to be brought to Reception.