Employment at ERC
Our teachers are dynamic, committed and talented individuals who empower our students whilst providing a safe and positive environment for their development.
Edmund Rice College is committed to the creation and maintenance of a child safe school environment. The care, safety and welfare of students is paramount. Each member of staff contributes to our dynamic and diverse community through their passion for education. They empower our students whilst providing a safe and positive environment for their development.
We invite suitable staff to consider joining our vibrant and dynamic learning community.
Applications are invited for the following vacancies.
See below for our latest staff vacancies. If you are interested in any position, please fill out the Application Form for Employment, as listed below and submit your covering letter and CV to: email@example.com
For further enquiries contact the Principal’s Personal Assistant on (02) 4228 4344
Please send applications and a covering letter to:
Edmund Rice College
Locked Bag 10, Wollongong, 2500
WEST WOLLONGONG, NSW
Contract Type: Permanent/Ongoing Position Full Time
Applications Close: Tuesday 14th February 2023
Permanent, 1FTE (averaged conditions – school terms)
Edmund Rice College is an Independent Catholic secondary boys’ school (Years 7 – 12), centrally located in the heart of the Illawarra and within walking distance of the University of Wollongong. One of a network of 42 schools across Australia in the Edmund Rice Education Australia network, the College is located on 9 magnificent hectares in Mt Keira. The College is a regional comprehensive school for boys drawing students from all regions of the Illawarra. The College offers substantial modern facilities set in a picturesque setting. With a broad curriculum and an extensive extracurricular program, Edmund Rice College caters for interests, skills and abilities across a wide spectrum in a contemporary technologically rich educational setting. Strongly inclusive, the College prides itself on its diversity as it welcomes students from all backgrounds and cultures.
For further information about Edmund Rice College, please visit our website – www.edmundricecollege.nsw.edu.au
Edmund Rice College is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified Library Technician to join the team.
The Library Technician performs a key role in maintaining and supporting the daily operations in the Narandha Learning Centre and works in collaboration with the College leadership team and teaching staff to develop students who will be independent, critical, reflective, creative, collaborative and resilient learners who are equipped for lifelong learning.
The Library Technician is a team member in the Narandha Learning Centre under the direction of the Director of Learning and Teaching and works in collaboration with the Teacher Librarian to support the Mission of the College.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Maintains a positive environment in the library which is respectful of all present and fosters student learning.
- Provides direct customer support to students and teaching staff in the delivery of library services and resources, including information services, readers’ advisory services, reference services, technical support and promotional activities.
- Provides access to information resources through efficient and well-guided systems for organising, retrieving and circulating resources that are consistent with current best practice, and provides training and assistance to students and staff in the effective use of these systems.
- Initiates and cooperates in programs to ensure that students become discerning users of information to enable them to achieve the learning outcomes specified in the school’s education programs. This includes supporting the facilitation of the Homework Club in the Narandha Learning Centre.
- Develops, organises and manages information resources which meet the educational, cultural and recreational needs of students and the professional needs of teachers.
- Uses professional selection criteria to make resourcing choices that keep the library collection current and relevant to the curriculum and school context.
- Communicates news to the community through the College Newsletter, Social Media and College Magazine.
- Facilitates and supports student engagement experiences and learning initiatives in consultation with the Director of Learning and Teaching and the Teacher Librarian.
- In collaboration with the NLC Team, develops resource budgets to ensure the learning and teaching requirements of the College are met and are contemporary.
- Maintains and evaluates NLC Policies and Procedures. This includes policies and procedures in relation to selection and culling, ordering and acquisitions, cataloguing and classification, processing materials, circulation and stock control.
- Resource management, including the following activities:
– Location, selection, ordering and accounting of resources to support learning and teaching.
– Facilitates access to print and electronic resources to support learning and teaching.
– Collection analysis and weeding to ensure the library collection meets the needs of the College community.
– Administration of student library information, including Destiny and Uniflow.
– Day-to-day administration of the collection, including loans, returns, losses, overdues, shelving, cataloguing, book covering, resource repairs and stocktake.
– Upgrades and maintains the Narandha Learning Centre website.
– Develops bibliography lists to support learning and teaching.
– Ensures that the administration of the library is effective and efficient and that systems, resources and equipment are maintained.
– Maintains the College ClickView library and locates ClickView resources upon request.
– Facilitates the operation of learning technologies in the library e.g. 3-D Printers.
– Completes Narandha Learning Centre WHS inspections.
- Other duties as required by the Principal and Director of Learning and Teaching
To be considered for this position, you must meet the following criteria:
- Ability to work both as part of a small team and independently
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, students and suppliers
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility to multitask and respond quickly to changing priorities
- High ethical standards, confidentiality and integrity
- Commitment to the Edmund Rice values and ethos of the College
- Willingness to support the Catholic ethos and learning culture of the College
- Possess a valid Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- A commitment to the child safeguarding principles
Applications (including CV, covering letter and completed ERC application form) can be emailed to Jamon Thomas, Human Resources Manager, via firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 15 November 2022.
The appointment of a successful candidate is conditional and based on the successful completion of all pre-employment screening, including child-related employment and reference checks.
Consistent with Edmund Rice College’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (or have an approved medical contraindication which prevents them from receiving any dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine) in order to work at Edmund Rice College. Compliance with this policy is an essential requirement of employment at Edmund Rice College.
Application for Employment
This is the College formal Application for Employment for all advertised postitions.Download PDF