All children of parents/carers who are prepared to support the religious principles and ideals of this College are considered eligible for enrolment.
As a Catholic school, our College is called to contribute to the evangelising
mission of the Church.
EREA schools are called to be inclusive, forming communities that are accepting and welcoming, fostering right relationships and committed to the common good. (EREA Charter 2012).
Enrolment at Edmund Rice College is based on the following priorities:
- Priority is given to students who are Catholic.
- Siblings of students already attending the College are a priority which is dependent upon completion of the Enrolment Application form and a successful interview.
- Children of other Christian families may be enrolled after the other priorities for access have been considered.
- Children of non-Christian families may also be enrolled in keeping with the above principles.
- Consideration will be made for students who transfer from interstate or from overseas.
- Consideration will be given to students from families where fathers or other family members have previously attended the College.
- Consideration will also be given to family situations necessitating a pastoral approach or requiring the exercise of compassion.
The Principal retains the right to exercise discernment in the acceptance of
individual students in the enrolment process.