PARENT SEMINAR – YEAR 7 EXAM STUDY SKILLS
A reminder for those parents and carers who have already registered for this seminar that it will be held on Thursday 12 May at 6.00pm in the Narandha Learning Centre.
YEAR 7 MATHEMATICS WORKSHOP FOR PARENTS AND CARERS.
Workshop 2 is done and dusted, and hats off to all of the parents and carers who sat through two fast paced hours of mathematics at the end of a working and parenting day.
We covered three topics, Indices, Factors and Multiples, Decimals, and Fractions, and had a quick look at the new version of Mathspace (Mathematics Textbook).
Click this (link) to watch a video explaining the changes from a student perspective.
Here is some feedback from parents and carers who attended.
- Great to recap skills from a previous life.
- List of literacy terms very helpful.
- I got more out of this maths lesson than I got through learning at school myself.
- The methods that you showed were easy to understand.
- You made it so much easier to help my son.
- Love these workshops. Keeps me in the loop of what my son is learning and giving me tools to help if needed.
- Great sessions especially the study ideas.
Regardless of whether you attended one of the workshops or not you are welcome to join my Google Classroom which is specifically set up for parents and carers. In it you will find handy videos and other resources under topic headings.
To join click this link: https://classroom.google.com/u/0/c/NDY0MTE2NTI5MDk3
You will need to Sign in, or Create an Account using your personal email. It does not need to be a gmail account.
Use this Class Code to join the class
When you get there it looks like this.
You will get email notifications when I make new posts but you can unsubscribe anytime and just log in when you would like to look for resources.
Ms Lourdes Ndaira
Technology and Humanities Teacher