Narandha Learning Centre (Library)
The Naranda Learning Centre (Library) provides resources and programs to support the curriculum and extra-curricula needs of the students, the learning and teaching programs of the staff, to assist in the development of digital technology skills, information literacy and the critical evaluation of information skills of members of the College community.
The Narandha Learning Centre strives to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. To accomplish this, The Naranda Learning Centre:
- delivers an educational program to support the learning needs of students and teachers
- selects, acquires and organises resources and information to support learning, teaching and curriculum needs
- delivers services and digital literacies needed to maximise access to information
- initiates specific learning programs
- Supports the development of the literacy and financial literacy learning needs of students and teachers.
After School Homework Club
Homework Club is offered to all students who would like support and assistance with homework, assignments, research, study or any school work in general.
Homework Club is very popular with students. It is available every day in Period 6 from 2.05-2.55pm.
Assistance is provided by the Teacher Librarian, Learning Support and Teaching staff. The program is also supported by Years 10 and 11 mentors.
There is no need to book – students make their way to the Library after Period 5 and sign in.
The Narandha Learning Centre offers a variety of learning programs. These include, and not limited to:
- Project Based Learning experiences
- Premier’s Reading Challenge
- Literature Circles
- Digital Literacy Skills
- Study Skills Workshops
- Literacy Support and Research Tutorials
The Narandha Learning Centre includes a Makerspace where students are able to work collaboratively, use technology and other materials to develop creative projects. The Makerspace fosters research, exploration, innovation, critical thinking, collaboration and problem solving.