Dynamic and creative, we foster talent and passion for creativity with our co-curricular Art Studio program. After school students develop their visual skills in drawing, painting and ceramic mediums. This popular club encourages creative collaboration for boys from Year 7 to Year 11.
Held in our state-of-the-art digital media studio, film club provides an opportunity for our students to collaborate on ideas, build scripts and storyboards, make films and learn to edit using a variety of professional software. Popular with students across Years 7 to Year 11, our boys explore genres from feature films, to short films, to animations. Film club students have been successful in entering their film projects in competitions.
Music is a vibrant part of Edmund Rice College. Our young musicians participate in a number of ensembles and groups including String Group, Guitar Group, Year 8 Band, Year 9 Band and Jazz Combo. The music department has a strong connection to Wollongong Conservatorium, giving our music students access to private tutors for drums, guitar, keyboard and junior band. Our students perform in public, building their confidence as performers and honing their talent.
Co-curricular Drama involves Drama Club for Years 7 to 12 and includes:
- production work for the College MAD Performance (varied performances of Shakespeare, Musical Theatre, contemporary screenwork, monologues, and comic sketches, plus lighting, sound and set design opportunities)
- production work for Drama Night (a collection of short scenes and/or one-act play plus lighting and sound opportunities)
- play building for Sharp Short Theatre competition (script writing, acting and directing opportunities)
- improvisation for Theatre Sports Competition
- short film making (for Tropfest Junior and other film competitions)
There are also opportunities for the boys to elect Theatre Sports and Stage Combat as their physical activity for our Sports afternoon, once a fortnight for students in Years 9 and 10.